Code of Conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers at our conference are required to agree with the following code of conduct.
Our goal is to maintain an inclusive, safe, helpful, and friendly community for everyone, regardless of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other defining characteristic.
This code and related procedures also apply to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of community activities, in all community venues — online and in-person — as well as in all one-on-one communications, and anywhere such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
- Be welcoming.
- Be kind.
- Look out for each other.
- Conduct or speech which is sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist,
or otherwise discriminatory or offensive in nature. This may include:
- Unwelcome, suggestive, derogatory, or inappropriate nicknames or terms.
- Disrespectful jokes, innuendo, or dismissive language and attitude.
- Intimidation or harassment (online or in-person).
- Inappropriate attention or contact. Be aware of how your actions affect others. If you are making someone uncomfortable, stop.
- Sustained disruptions.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language.
- Other disruptive or unsafe behavior.
If you are the subject of or witness to violations of this Code of Conduct, please let us know in whatever way you feel comfortable: you can speak with us directly or email [email protected]. Organizers will take any action they deem appropriate for the infraction, including expulsion from the community.